Formatting paragraph marks in Word can be very helpful, but also annoying. Therefore, you can easily show and remove the marks.
How to turn on and turn off formatting paragraph marks
- In Word, first select the “Home” tab.
- In the menu bar, switch to the “Paragraph” section.
- Then click the “Formatting marks”-button to show or remove the formatting marks.
Show formatting marks in Word permanently
If some formatting marks do not disappear from your text, they are probably permanently activated. In this case you have to disable the symbols separately:
- Click on the “File” tab.
- Then select the “Options” and switch to “Display”.
- In the “Always show these formatting marks on the screen” area, uncheck the corresponding checkboxes.
- Finally, confirm the changes with “OK”.