Bixby is Samsung's voice assistant. On the Samsung Galaxy 8 Bixby is preinstalled. In this article we will explain the different functions of Bixby and how to use them.
How Bixby works - a short overview
Bixby is more than just an information provider or shopping consultant. The helper can also be a smart home.
- The main functions are "Voice", "Vision", "Home" and "Reminder".
- Samsung is known for household appliances. Here is the advantage over other voice assistants. In the future, Samsung wants to make its electrical household appliances compatible with the Bixby voice assistant.
- Bixby can recognize things that are held in front of the lens. For example, if you point the lens at your neighbour's shoes, Bixby will show you where to buy them.
- The only requirement for using Bixby: Your Samsung smartphone needs the upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie.
How Bixby "Home" works
You can access Bixby "Home" via a wipe gesture from the home screen.
- Here you cannot only access the calendar, but also other third-party applications.
- To ensure that as many developers as possible participate, Samsung has created a freely available development platform in the form of the Bixby Developer Center.
- This platform is intended to make not only services but also devices suitable for the assistant. This is why Samsung is also opening up the "SmartThings" platform to third-party providers.
You might also be interested in: