With Spotify Family you can share your account with up to five family members. In this article we will explain to you how to set up and use a family account.
How to Set Up your Spotify Family Account
A family account used to be quite expensive as you had to pay an additional $5 for each additional family member. You could also only add a maximum of four people. In recent times, the costs have been slashed and the rules changed. You can now add up to 5 family members to the family account.
- You do, however, still pay more than the base subscription price of $9.99 monthly for a single-member account. The monthly fee for the family account is $14.99.
- You can set up your family account on the Spotify website. Simply press the “Get started” button.
- If you already have an account, simply enter your account information and click the “Log in” button in the lower right. If not, click on the green text prompt reading “Sign up” to create an account.
- Enter your payment information
- Once it is verified and accepted, you can insert the e-mail addresses of the family members you want to add to send them an invite to the Spotify Family Account.
Removing Family Members
It seems that Spotify has not formulated a direct method to remove family members and revoke their subscription from the Spotify Family Account. There is, however, a sort of workaround:
- If you have all five spots filled, you can simply invite somebody new by sending out an invite via mail as described above.
- This will kick one of the current family members off the account.
- It is also possible to invite people via an invite-link. If you create a new invite link when all spots are filled this, too, will remove one of the current family members sharing the account.
Accepting a Spotify Family Invitation
You need to first download and install the Spotify app on either your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Open the mail and click on the “Accept Invitation” button.
- You are then re-directed to the Spotify website. There, you will have to log in to your account or create a new one.
- Instead of entering your payment information, click “Redeem” to redeem your family plan invite code. The code should already be filled in. If not, you can copy and paste the code from the invitation e-mail.