You can start a video call with Signal in just a few steps. Group video calls are also supported. We will show you how to use both features.
Hot to start a Signal video call
With the messenger Signal you can also make video calls. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Chat
Open Signal, then open the chat of the contact you want to call
- Start Call via Camera icon
Tap on the camera icon in the upper right corner and select “Start call”.
- Features during the call
In the bottom bar, you can switch between the front and rear camera during the call, turn the camera and microphone on or off, and end the call.
- Data Security during the call
The video calls are end-to-end-encrypted. Also, you can place calls not only via the smartphone app but also via the desktop version.
- Why is the Video call not working?
If you don’t have the video call feature, make sure you have the latest version of Signal installed.
How to set up a group call
You can also start video calls in groups. Calls with up to eight participants are supported. The procedure is the same:
- Open the desired group chat where you want to start the video call.
- Tap the camera icon at the top right and then select “Start call”.
- You are now in the video call and can make various settings via the bottom bar. For example, you can turn the camera and microphone on and off or end the call.