Getting pregnant without sex might sound unreal but it’s possible. We show you how fertilization can occur without sexual intercourse and what you should look out for.
Getting pregnant without sex is not impossible
You can’t get pregnant from kissing. That is common knowledge. But you don’t necessarily have to have sex for fertilization to occur. In this section, you will learn how you can get pregnant even without sexual intercourse.
- There is always a theoretical risk of getting pregnant as soon as the ejaculate comes near the vagina.
- During petting, sperm can enter the vagina if semen sticks to the man’s or woman’s finger. Therefore, make sure that the man washes his hands thoroughly after ejaculation.
- In addition, he should wipe away the fluid and, if necessary, put on underpants. Sounds unromantic, but it prevents unwanted pregnancy.
- You cannot get pregnant through anal sex alone. But: The ejaculate runs out of the anus again and can thus come close to the vagina. The use of a condom can prevent this.
- With oral sex, there is usually no risk of getting pregnant – especially if the woman swallows the semen. This is simply digested in the stomach. If, however, the man does not come inside the woman’s mouth but outside, the same applies here again: the ejaculate should not come near the vagina.
- By the way: Sperm can survive in skin folds for up to several hours. If the woman sits on one of these folds, for example, sperm can enter the vagina. The same applies to sperm that sticks to clothing, for example panties.
- But: even though it is possible to get pregnant without having sex, it is not very likely. Just pay attention to the things described, then you can also enjoy “dry sex”.
Unwanted pregnancy: What to do
If the first signs indicate that you have become pregnant, although no penetrative sex has taken place, you should immediately consult a gynecologist.
- If the examination reveals that you are pregnant, stay calm and consult a trusted person.
- Clarify with her and for yourself whether you want to carry the child to term. Check your life plan and the necessary conditions for a child to grow up well.
- Seek counseling at a counseling center for pregnant women together with the father of the child. Get advice and information about possible help. Come to joint solutions.