You can take a screenshot on your iPad with a simple key combination. We show you how it works and how you can share, send and use the screenshot in different apps.
iPad: Take a Screenshot
- Taking a screenshot on an iPad, iPad Mini or iPad Air is really easy.
- To capture what the display currently shows, press the home button (front) and the power switch (top right) of the iPad at the same time.
- If you have an iPad Pro your device does not have a home button. Instead you have to press the power botton and the volume up botton.
- Afterwards, you hear the camera make a sound and the screen of your iPad flashes.
- The screenshot appears in the lower left corner of your screen and – if you don’t do anything or swipe it left – is automatically saved to your gallery.
Send, Edit or delete a screenshot
- If you tap on the screenshot in the lower left corner a menu with your screenshot pops up.
- You can edit the picture with different pens.
- If you tap on the symbol in the lower left corner a menu with several options opens.
- Here, you can share the screenshot via AirDrop.
- Also a series of apps will appear, with which you can use the screenshot. Depending on which apps you have installed, the menu item looks different. For example, you can share your photo on Facebook or Twitter, send it by mail or iMessage, open it in iBooks, add it to a note, or share it via iCloud.
- You can also copy or print it, save the image to one of your contacts or set it as your background picture.
- If your done, your iPad asks you whether you want to save or delete your screenshot.