With iOS 14, you have many options to customize your screen. Thanks to the new functions, you will manage to keep your iPhone home screen more organized. We will explain how to do it.
iOS 14: Organizing your home screen with the App Library
Similar to the Android system, iOS 14 also gives you the option to organize installed apps on your home screen in the form of widgets.
- Widgets give you the option to stack multiple apps.
- Create multiple widgets. Choose the apps you use most often, for example, the Weather app.
- Stack the weather app together with the notes app and another app. This way, you’ll always have the most important apps in one place and won’t have to search for them.
- Create a widget from another app. Choose a different size for it, for example.
- This way you can vary different apps by size on your screen and distribute them differently. This already gives your home screen a cleaner look and individuality.
Customize your home screen
Although apps cannot be moved around at will in iOS 14, you can still bring some customization into it. This also works with folders, for example.
- If you have a lot of apps, you can also group them into folders on your home screen.
- Activate the “jiggle mode” for this. To do this, hold your finger on an app for a few seconds until crosses appear at the corners of the app icons.
- Hold your finger on an app and move it onto another app to create a folder.
- Then, tap a new name in the field that now appears. After that, tap on “Done”.
- Move more apps to this folder.
- You can also individualize your home screen with a custom screen photo, for example.
- You can change this via “Settings” -> “Wallpaper”.