You can easily join video conferences with Zoom on your iOS device. We will show you how to use Zoom on your iPhone or iPad.
Zoom video conference on iPhone and iPad: Here’s how it works
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Zoom’s iOS app allows you to join a conference or create a new conference from your iPhone or iPad. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the Zoom app
First, download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and install it.
- Log in, register or join a meeting
You can now log in or register, or join a meeting directly without logging in.
- Join a meeting
To do this, select “Join meeting” and enter the meeting ID and your name at the top. Then confirm by clicking the “Join” button. If the host has already started the meeting, the conference will begin directly. If not, you will have to wait a bit. You will then be part of the meeting and can join the video conference.
Using the iPhone / iPad app to manage meetings
Just like on a computer, you have the option to register on your iPhone or iPad to manage meetings.
- Log in with an existing account or register for Zoom for the first time.
- The app gives you an overview of scheduled meetings and allows you to create new meetings or join an existing one.
- Select the desired option and proceed as described above to hold a video conference.
Conferences on iPhone and iPad app: the differences
Apart from the fact that you can communicate with several people much better on an iPad, the functions of the iPhone and iPad app are almost identical. There are only a few minor differences:
- The iPad is better for talking to multiple people. You can show multiple participants on the display at the same time.
- On the iPad, you can also work together with your colleagues on a whiteboard, unlike on the iPhone.
- Apart from this small detail, however, you are just as well-equipped for the meeting with your iPhone, as long as the small display is sufficient for you.