Since Kik Messenger is not tied to a phone number, you can also use the app on a PC with an emulator. We will explain how this works in this article.
Kik Messenger – how to use the app on your PC
Since there is no official PC version of Kik Messenger, you need to use a smartphone emulator. In this tutorial, we will use the free BlueStacks emulator. If you already have another emulator installed, like AndY, you can use that as well. The procedure is similar.
- Otherwise, download the Android emulator “BlueStacks” and install the program.
- After the installation, restart the computer and open BlueStacks.
- Log in with your Google account, where you can use the store just like on the smartphone.
- Search for “Kik” in the Play Store and install the messenger. You can skip payment settings since the app is free to use.
- After Kik has been installed, you will find the corresponding icon on the home screen. Start the app by clicking on the icon and log in with your user data.
- After you have solved a captcha, you can use Kik just like on your smartphone.
- You can also use the Kik messenger browser extension.