Advertisement: Article contains Affiliate Links marked with “*”
How to use Emojis via shortcuts
The easiest way to beautify your emails with emojis are the keyboard commands from Microsoft.
- : Simply type “;” followed by a “)”. It should look like this: 😉 The program will automatically convert the input into the appropriate emoji
- : Input “:” and “(“
- : Input “:” and “p”
- : Input “:” and “)”
- : Input “:” and “D”
How to use additional emojis
If the selection of emojis above is not enough for you, you can also access the Microsoft library of emojis.
- After opening “Outlook*”, you have to start a new email.
- Choose the category “Insert” and look for the word “Symbol”.
- After that, you have to click on “More Symbols”.
- There you will find all kinds of signs, not only emojis.
How to insert Emojis with keyboard combinations
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Not only the above-mentioned shortcuts can help you to make your email livelier. When using Windows 10 you can access a large emoji collection with a certain keyboard combination.
- Open the document you want to insert the emojis into
First open the document you want to insert the emojis into. This works both in Outlook and in other programs like Word.
- Push the keys “Windows” and “.”
- Search for smileys and other stuff
This opens the emoji keyboard. Here, you can search for smileys and other stuff.
- Search for the wanted smiley
Look for the wanted emoji either in the different categories or search the name of the smiley in the bar. For example, you can write in “funny”. This will show you all emojis that are tagged with this term.
How to insert emojis with copy and paste
If the mentioned ways are too lengthy for you, you can easily copy and paste the emoji you want from another program like WhatsApp into your Outlook email.
- Open the program that has the emoji you want. Mark it.
- Press “Ctrl” + “c“.
- Open the document you want to insert the symbol into.
- Press “Ctrl” + “v“.