Crossplay is one of the most favored functions of Minecraft. Exploring together with your friends regardless of the platform makes everything easier. We’ve got all the necessary information for you.
Minecraft crossplay: How to set it up
Playing Minecraft together is easy. You and your friends just need the right setup as listed below:
- Supported platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android and Samsung Gear VR are supported.
- Bedrock Edition: You and your friends need the Bedrock Edition, which is not the same as the Java Edition. Crossplay is not supported for the Java Edition.
- Microsoft account: The last thing need for crossplay is a Microsoft account. If you own an Xbox account just use that instead.
Step-by-Step: Playing together
After the setup you and your friends just need to step right into Minecraft. Start the game as usual and you will see the option “Sign in with a Microsoft account”. Connect your account with this option.
Time needed: 4 minutes.
After the setup you and your friends just need to step right into Minecraft. This is how it works step by step.
- Sign in with a Microsoft account
Start the game as usual and you will see the option “Sign in with a Microsoft account”. Connect your account with this option.
- Type in the code of your Minecraft Edition & confirm
You will automatically be redirected to the site aka.ms/remoteconnect. There you need to type in the code of your Minecraft Edition to connect your Microsoft account. Confirm to finish the process. If you play the Xbox One edition you are already connected.
- Choose “Play”
When the account is connected you can start a crossplay multiplayer session. A maximum of 8 people can play together.
- Look for the option “Joinable Cross-Platform Friends” & choose friends
To start a session choose Play and choose “Friends” to look for people to play with. You need to look for the option “Joinable Cross-Platform Friends”. There it is possible to find friends from other platforms.
- Invite your friends
You can invite your friends to your game as a host or join their sessions. You can even decide what your friends are allowed to do. E.g. they can only explore your world or build themselves.