If you want to transfer your music to iPhone, you can sync it with your PC via iCloud. But it also works without the cloud, with Apple’s free iTunes software. We will show you how it works.
Transfer music from iTunes to your iPhone
There are a few preparations to be made for the connection to the device.
- Download the iTunes software and install it on your PC.
- Log into the iTunes software in the “Account” menu item with your Apple ID.
- You can now add individual music files or entire folders to your iTunes library in the “File” menu.
- Connect the iPhone and the PC with the USB data cable.
- You can now synchronize the entire contents. A backup of your iPhone will then be created and the media library will be transferred to the iPhone.
- But it is also possible to transfer only parts of the media library or single titles. We will show you how to do this below.
Full and partial synchronization
It is possible to sync the entire library from iTunes and iPhone. But you can also make presets by categories.
- From the media library switch to the management of the device by pressing the small iPhone icon.
- By default, the check mark is set to “Sync automatically when this iPhone is connected”.
- If syncing is done automatically or if you do it manually, the library will also be transferred to the iPhone.
- However, you can also synchronize music completely or partially. To do this, click on the menu item “Music”, below the iPhone icon.
- Now you have the choice to sync the entire library or to make a selection by playlist, artist, album or genre.
- The synchronized music is available on the iPhone in the pre-installed “Music” app.
Manual file transfer
You can also selectively transfer individual files to the device.
- In iTunes, switch to the settings overview for your iPhone.
- Now you can add a piece of music to the device in the library, with a right click on the title.
- You can add whole albums or playlists to the iPhone via the blue icon with the three dots.