If you were wondering how you can take a screenshot on Windows 10-equipped devices, below are some of the easiest ways to do so. Most of these are Windows 10-specific.
Using Windows + Alt + PrtScn to take Screenshots on Windows 10
This shortcut features on the Windows 10 Creators Update. The feature is located on the Game Bar, which allows gamers to take screenshots of a current game window.
1. Press the shortcut buttons Windows + Alt + PrtScn.
2. This automatically creates and saves the screenshot on the computer.
How to take a screenshot on the Microsoft Surface Tab and other Windows Tablets
In case you are using a tablet or any other device without a keyboard, the best alternative is to use the hardware buttons your device is equipped with.
1. On most handheld devices such as tablets, press the windows logo on your start screen and, at the same time, hold down the volume down button to take a full-screen screenshot and save it.
2. On the Surface or Surface Pro tablets with Windows 10, there are device-specific shortcuts. With Fn + Spacebar you can save a screenshot of the current screen to the clipboard. Using Fn + Alt + Spacebar creates a screenshot of the active window and saves it to the clipboard.
Screenshots with “Snipping Tool”
Using the snipping tool on windows is one of the best ways of taking a screenshot as it also enables light editing.
1. In the start menu, search "snipping tool" and hit enter to bring it up on screen.
2. Once it is running, use the mode button to choose the screenshot type you want. There are a variety of options available.
3. Free-form Snip allows you to highlight a rough outline around the object or area of interest you wish to screenshot.
4. With Rectangular Snip you can take a rectangular-shaped screenshot by moving your cursor around the object or area you want.
5. Window Snip lets you capture stand-alone windows like a dialogue box, browser, video, or music player.
6. Full-screen Snip, like the regular Print Screen button on a computer, allows you to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
Windows 10: Screenshots using the ‘Windows + Shift + S’ shortcut
1. This shortcut works on Windows 10 only, unlike some other shortcuts which work on windows 7 and 8.1 as well. Press Windows + Shift + S together.
2. The cursor will appear, allowing you to draw on the screen region to capture.
3. After drawing, releasing the mouse cursor enables capture.