Not only FaceTime and WhatsApp offer video calls, but also the messaging app Viber. We’ll show you how you can start a video call with Viber and which requirements are necessary.
Viber: Click on the camera symbol to start a video call
Starting a video call with Viber is easy. Follow the steps:
- Start the Viber app.
- Open the chat with the person you want to talk to via video. Alternatively you can search for the person in your contacts within Viber, if you don’t have a chat with them yet.
- Click on the camera symbol. Now you can talk via video with your chosen contact.
- Another way is to click on the camera icon during a call. This will start a video call.
Android-Requirements for a Viber video call
You need some system requirements to start a video call with Viber on Android:
- You must have at least Viber 5.0.
- The operating system Android 4.0 or higher.
iOS-Requirements for a Viber video call
In iOS you also need some technical specifications to be able to start a video call:
- At least iOS 7.
- Viber 5.0 or newer.
- And no older device than the iPhone 4s.
The messaging app Viber also offers a video call function, which allows you to make video calls on the app. By clicking on the camera symbol in a chat, you can start a video call.
Up to 20 people can join a video call on the Viber messaging app. The video call can be started as a group call from a group chat or individual people can be added to an ongoing call.
If you want to send a video via the Viber app, the video file can be a maximum size of 200 MB and a maximum length of 180 seconds.
To make free video calls you can use several messaging apps, like the Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, Skype, Viber or WhatsApp. Other options also include apps or websites like Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
A Viber video call will use around 270 MB per hour. With a 1 GB plan you can therefore video call for a little under 4 hours.