On the audio-based Clubhouse app, users can create clubs on various topics. We’ll tell you how to start a club and what you need to keep in mind.
This is how you start a Clubhouse Club
On Clubhouse, you can either join individual rooms for specific discussion groups, or you can directly become a member of a club that matches your interests by either going through the search or scrolling to the bottom of user profiles and getting inspired there. If the right club for you does not yet exist, you can also create one yourself.
- If you as a user want to create a club, you can do so directly in the app. To do so, go to your own profile and scroll down to the bottom of your club list.
- There you will find a “+” button. Tap on it to create a new club.
- You can only start a new club if you are an active member on the platform and have already accepted speaking engagements.
- As a club founder, you have the option to invite people who do not yet have a profile on Clubhouse directly to your club. On their profile, instead of the name of the inviter, the club name will appear, which creates more attention for you. You can also send the link to your club directly by clicking “Share a Link” on your club page.
Setting up the Clubhouse Club
Once you have established your club, there are other steps you need to take to finish setting it up.
- To do this, go to your own Clubhouse profile. There you should see “Member of” and a club button. Click on it to go to your club page.
- To give your club an image, you can upload a photo or logo from your phone.
- As a club founder, you can use the three dots at the top right of the club page to adjust various settings, such as not allowing people to see the club’s member list or not allowing people to simply follow the club without permission.
- Next, you can invite users to become members. Users who are already club members can also nominate other users who they think would be a good fit for the club. You as the founder, can then decide on their membership.
- To add users to the club, you need to select the corresponding icon at the top right of the club page. There you have four options. With “Copy secret invite link” you can send the link to someone whose phone number you do not have, but whom you would like to invite.
- “Review nominated members” allows you to view nominated users by other club members. “Search Clubhouse” lets you invite any user who follows you in the app, and “Search Contacts” lets you invite anyone from your contact list to join the club.
- As your club gets members, you can designate admins among them who can also accept or reject new members.
- As an alternative to these steps, you can also click on the small gear in the upper right corner of your Clubhouse profile and select “FAQ / Contact Us”. Under the item “How can I start a club?” you can also follow the instructions directly.
How to use your Clubhouse Club
Once your club is created and the first members are accepted, you can get started right away. Start a room within your club. Usually, rooms are created privately, for you and your club members. However, you can also make the room public, which will make it visible to users outside your club on Clubhouse.
- There are four different membership types for Clubhouse Clubs.
- As a follower, you are not an official club member. You can follow public club activities, but you cannot open rooms. As a follower, you will be notified every time a member or admin opens a public room.
- As a founder, you can change the group description and add or reject users.
- An admin is appointed by the founder or other admins and is able to accept or reject members. In addition, as an admin, you can also create private and public rooms.
- A member has been confirmed as a club member by an admin or the founder and has the ability to create private rooms within the club. You can join private and public rooms of the club and suggest other Clubhouse users as new members.
- Once you have made all the settings, you can create an event. To do so, click on the calendar icon in your home screen.
- Press the plus sign in the upper right corner and fill in the details of your event. It’s important to add the name of the event, your co-hosts or invited guests, the date, time and public description of the event. Once you have created the event, your members will be notified, and you can get started.