If you want to have instant access to your desktop you should remove your password from Windows 10. We will show you how it works.
Windows 10 - Remove login password
It's not difficult to remove the Windows 10 password sign-in. You can simply deactivate it and save time when you use your computer. The following instruction explains the necessary steps:
- To disable the password you have to open Run command. Use the shortcut [WIN]+[R] and a new window will open. Type "netplwiz" without the quotation marks into the command field and confirm.
- The window User accounts will open. Navigate to the tab "Users" and deactivate the option "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Confirm the option.
- Another window will open. You have to confirm your password. Confirm. From now on a password isn't mandatory anymore.
- For safety reasons: Use this option only, if you are the sole user of the PC.
Waking up Windows 10 without a password
There is one major disadvantage regarding this method. It only works after a shut down of the computer and not while waking the unit. If you don't want to type in the password follow these steps:
- Open the Windows 10 start menu and navigate to the "Options". Alternatively use the key sequence [WIN] + [i] to open the specific menu.
- Now you have to choose the option "Accounts". On the left sidebar you will see the "Sign-in options".
- In the Sign-in options navigate to "Require sign-in". Choose "Never" and a password is not necessary anymore to wake up the PC.