If you don't want to type in your password every time you turn on your computer, you can remove the mandatory Windows 10 password login easily. With this option you get instant access to your Desktop. We will show you how it works.
Windows 10 - Remove login password
It's not difficult to remove the Windows 10 password sign-in. You can simply deactivate it and save time when you use your computer. The following instruction explains the necessary steps:
- To disable the password you have to open Run command. Use the shortcut [WIN]+[R] and a new window will open. Type "netplwiz" without the quotation marks into the command field and confirm.
- The window User accounts will open. Navigate to the tab "Users" and deactivate the option "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Confirm the option.
- Another window will open. You have to confirm your password. Confirm. From now on a password isn't mandatory anymore.
- For safety reasons: Use this option only, if you are the sole user of the PC.
Waking up Windows 10 without a password
There is one major disadvantage regarding this method. It only works after a shut down of the computer and not while waking the unit. If you don't want to type in the password follow these steps:
- Open the Windows 10 start menu and navigate to the "Options". Alternatively use the key sequence [WIN] + [i] to open the specific menu.
- Now you have to choose the option "Accounts". On the left sidebar you will see the "Sign-in options".
- In the Sign-in options navigate to "Require sign-in". Choose "Never" and a password is not necessary anymore to wake up the PC.