Recording phone calls with Cube ACR – Features
There are many apps on the Google Play Store that offer call recording. Cube ACR is amongst the ones offering the broadest variety of features:
- Most apps that offer call recording only record your voice, not the other person’s. Cube ACR, however, records both the caller and the person opposite .
- Cube ACR can record calls via Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, and of course normal calls.
- The app offers “Geo-Tagging”, which means it links the recordings to the locations where they took place.
- If you want to use another app, you should take the points mentioned above into consideration when making your decision.
- An alternative app would be “Google Voice“. However, this program only records incoming calls .
How to record phone calls with Cube ACR
To be able to record phone calls under Android, you first have to download the app “Cube ACR“.
- To do this, open the “Google Play Store”.
- Type “Cube ARC” in the search bar.
- Click on “Install”. After the download and installation is complete, start the app.
- The app starts with a welcome screen. Click through the explanations by tapping on “Next”.
- Next, you have to enable the app connector. The app automatically takes you to the right settings. All you have to do is press the “Cube ACR App Connector” button under the “Services” heading and then activate this function with the slider.
Return to the app and follow the steps below.
- The last setting you need to change is to add the app to your “Protected Apps”. This is done by clicking on “Protect Cube” and then activating the slider on the app in the settings list.
- Adding the app to this list means that the app can keep running even when the screen is off.
- After that you can decide if the app is allowed to assign your phone calls to certain locations. This does not influence the recordings later. The setting can also be changed at any time.
- Now you are finished setting up the app. After you have pressed the microphone icon once, you will see the symbol on the right side of your screen and it will automatically record your calls.
Be careful to keep things legal
When recording calls, you have to be aware of the legal position.
- In many countries, it is a criminal offense to record the conversation partner without written consent.
- So before downloading any apps and using them, make sure you know which uses are legal and which are not.
- And even when the recording of phone calls is within your rights, you should let everyone participating in the call know that they are being recorded.
Felix Gillhuber, born in 2001, has been a freelance author at BurdaForward since 2019. He is a specialist in all technical topics. Since 2020 he also writes English articles for How2ForU. He plans to study bioinformatics at the TU Munich after a year of work & travel in Canada. Feel free to contact him via Twitter or Facebook.