Outlook is a popular email client used by many people, and sometimes you may find that you’ve sent an email that you’d like to take back. Whether it was sent to the wrong person or you included a mistake, recalling an email in Outlook is a simple process. In this article, we’ll go over the steps you need to take to recall an email in Outlook.
Steps to Recall an Email in Outlook
Here’s what you need to do to recall an email in Outlook:
- Open Outlook and go to your Sent Items folder.
- Right-click the email you want to recall and select “Recall This Message”.
- In the Recall This Message window, select “Delete unread copies of this message”.
- Click the “Recall” button.
- Wait for a notification indicating the recall status. If the recall was successful, the email will be deleted from the recipient’s inbox. If the recall was unsuccessful, it may be because the recipient has already read the email.
Please note that recalling an email in Outlook is not always successful and may not work if the recipient has already read the email. However, it is a useful feature to have in case you need to take back an email quickly.
In conclusion, recalling an email in Outlook is a simple process that can be done in a few steps. While it may not always be successful, it’s a helpful feature to have in case you need to take back an email quickly.