You can put on a screen protector for your smartphone without annoying air pockets with a few tricks. In this article e will show you how to do so.
Step 1: Clean smartphone display for protective film.
First, you need to clean the display of your smartphone. Otherwise, bubbles will form under the screen protector in the places where there is dirt.
- Place the smartphone on a dust-free surface. Prepare some glass cleaner, the protective film, adhesive tape and a cloth – preferably a microfiber cloth.
- Spray the cloth with the glass cleaner. After that, wipe your smartphone’s display with the cloth.
- You can check whether your display is free of dust by looking at the display at an angle and holding it slightly in the light.
Step 2: Apply the screen protector to the smartphone display.
Now you can apply the protective film to your smartphone display. You have to make sure that the protective film is flush with the display.
- Slightly pull off the cover of the protective film, but don’t do it completely yet.
- Stick the beginning of the protective film onto your display to fit. If the protective film fits correctly, pull the cover off further. At the same time, apply the rest of the protective film to your display. The protective film will automatically be applied to your smartphone screen, as it is electrostatically charged.
- Correct any bubbles that appear immediately. Also, if you discover dust particles, you have to remove them. Take a strip of adhesive tape, for example, and fish out the dust particles with it.
Step 3: Repair air pockets on the screen.
Despite everything, air pockets can still occur. However, these can be easily repaired:
- If the air inclusion is not caused by a speck of dust, you can simply remove the bubble with your fingernail or a card. To do so, swipe the bubble out to the edge of the display.
- If dirt is causing the bubble, you can remove the problem with two strips of tape. To do so, apply one strip of the tape to the protective foil. Use it to pull the film up. With another strip, you can grab the dirt and remove it. Then simply reattach the protective film.