There are numerous apps that you can use to plan, design and gather ideas for your garden. We will show you 3 apps that will help you with garden design and planning process.
Home Design 3D Outdoor Garden
- With the help of the app, you can easily create a model of your garden or outdoor area. With the help of various functions, you can decorate and furnish the area.
- Measure your garden and add the exact measurement data to the app. In addition to the garden, you can also include the adjacent house or neighboring properties in your planning.
- A 3D view is available to help you visualize the result.
- The user interface of the app is descriptive and easy to follow.
- Insert your favorite objects from more than 100 objects and place them in the intended location. You can change the dimensions and appearance of each object individually.
iScape is a garden landscaping app. The app itself is free, but limited, available in the AppStore and installable on the iPhone or iPad. The full version must be purchased. The payments vary between $7.99 per week, $29.99 per month and $299.99 per year.
- The iScape app is available in the following languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese.
- Easily create your own design and visualize your garden design with the user-friendly interface.
- Collaborate on a project with a spouse or colleague using the share feature.
- You can deactivate the automatic renewal of the subscription. For this, you have to cancel it at least 24h before expiration.
Veggie Garden Planner
With the Veggie Garden Planner you can design the details of the garden. For example, the vegetable patch in your garden. The app is available free of charge for iOS and Android. Additional bonus features in the form of in-app purchases are available as well.
- With the Garden Planner app for the vegetable patch you can easily create a virtual vegetable patch.
- From a list you can select the vegetable varieties for planting.
- For each vegetable variety you can view information on sowing, care and also with which other varieties it is compatible.
- The dates of sowing and harvesting can be easily checked in a calendar created individually for the vegetable varieties.
- After in-app purchases, you unlock information on spacing, light requirements and rooting depth of the plants.
- Furthermore, the app registers whether you want to plant a vegetable variety in the same place for the second time in a year. A warning about a problematic crop rotation appears here.
First, plan your garden on paper or by using an app by drawing the layout and designating spots for the different areas of your garden, e.g. vegetable patches, trees. To help you with planting you should mark your calendar with the correct planting times for vegetables, flowers and other plants. When planting vegetables or fruit, plant in blocks and mark the individual patches with the names of the produce. Stay on top of maintenance to keep your garden tidy and healthy.
You can use wood to make a sturdy bottom for your raised garden bed. However, you can also use garden waste products like grass clippings, dry leaves or leaf mold.
When starting a garden you should first decide what you’d like to grow and choose a location for each plant. Next, plan your garden beds and blocks and buy some basic garden tools. There are many garden planning apps, books and websites to help you start a garden of your own. Also, make sure your soil is suitable for the plant you are trying to grow and prepare it with fertilizer if necessary. You should also remember to take constant care of your garden to keep your plants healthy and growing.