In Procreate you can mirror your drawing in different ways. Several tools are available for this purpose. We will explain how to mirror your drawings in this tutorial.
Mirror your drawing in Procreate: Here’s how
You have two options for mirroring your drawing in Procreate. For example, if you have drawn something, you can mirror the contents of the layer.
- Tap on the arrow button. You will find it in the upper menu bar on the left.
- A menu bar opens at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Freeform”.
- You can now mirror your drawing horizontally or vertically.
How to use other mirror tools
In addition to the simple mirror tool, you have the option to make a mirrored or symmetrical drawing right away.
- Activate the Drawing Guide
Tap on Settings (wrench icon). A pop-up will open. Now select Canvas and then activate the Drawing Guide.
- Edit the Drawing Guide
Now tap on Edit Drawing Guide.
- Choose your preferred settings to mirror your image
In the lower menu field you can choose between 2D Grid, Isometric, Perspective and Symmetry. You can use Isometric for drawing patterns, for example. It can also be used to draw a circle. Choose Symmetry if you want to draw objects that have to be symmetrical.