There are a number of ways to merge multiple pdf files. Merging the files together makes them easy to send or share and also easier and faster for the receiver to trace the file they want.
How to Merge PDFs for free
Merging PDFs online is a cheap way to do so. Most online merging platforms are free and save you the space you would require to install additional software. The only limitation is that some are strict on file size. Below are some platforms you can use.
Merging PDF files with PDF Joiner
This platform is versatile in that it allows merging of PDF files as well as changing files to text or JPG formats. However, you can only work with 20 files or less.
1. Go to ‘www.pdfjoiner.com’
2. Select the files from your computer and drag and drop them onto the loading area.
3. You can change the order of merging by arranging the file icons accordingly.
4. When you’re ready, click the ‘JOIN FILES’ button.
PDF-merging with Smallpdf
This site allows you to pull files from Dropbox or Google Drive, making it a great option for shared work as it also allows previewing of the new PDF file as you create it. Other features are available, including a converting and splitting option.
1. Go to ‘www.smallpdf.com’
2. Click on the ‘merge PDF’ option
3. Drag and drop your files onto the loading area. Here, you can rearrange your files accordingly.
4. When you’re ready, click ‘download PDF’ to receive your merged file.
Merging PDF files on Windows
Adobe Acrobat, a popular PDF reader on Windows has a feature allowing merging of PDF files. The downside is that Acrobat DC is a premium offering that requires purchase. However, take advantage of the one-time free trial to merge some files by following these steps:
1. Download the Adobe Acrobat DC free trial and install.
2. Open it and click on tools.
3. Click combine files, then the add files button.
4. Select the preferred documents to merge. Click combine in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Click on file, then Save As and specify a location to save the new document.
Merging software for Mac:
1. Select PDF files to combine from Finder.
2. Open all of them. They will appear in preview mode. Space at least two preview windows.
3. Click on view, then thumbnails for each window to expose a sidebar with a thumbnail for each of the pages in a particular PDF.
4. Use drag and drop to move the page thumbnails to desired order and position.
5. Save when you are done.