You can turn your phone into an internet source by enabling a mobile hotspot. We will show you how you can make a hotspot either with your iPhone or Android-Smartphone.
How to make a hotspot on an iPhone
You can easily create a hotspot on your iPhone and share your cellular data to other devices. Just follow the steps to active a personal hotspot:
- First open the settings on your iPhone.
- Next you tap on “Mobile Data” and activate your internet connection.
- Then click on “Personal Hotspot” and also enable it by tapping on the switch.
- Now you can also change the password of your hotspot and confirm it by clicking on “Done”.
- After that you can let other devices connect to your hotspot and use your cellular data by logging them into your hotspot. Other options to share your internet are connecting your iPhone with your computer by Bluetooth or a cable.
How to create a hotspot on Android smartphones
You can also use the hotspot feature on Android phones. With the following points you can activate the function comfortably:
- First open the settings on your phone.
- Then tap on “Connections” or “Network & Internet”. This menu option can also be titled as “Wi-Fi & Internet” or “Wireless & Networks” regarding the brand of your Android smartphone.
- After that find and click on “Mobile Hotspot and Tethering”.
- Now you can tap on the switch and activate your mobile hotspot.
- Tap on “Mobile Hotspot” again if you want to make changes regarding the name, password or other options.
- Now you can connect other devices to your mobile hotspot and share your cellular data. You also have the options for sharing your internet via Bluetooth or USB tethering which you can activate by a tap on the belonging switch.