Both in personal and professional life, people like to use video chats. Just like in real life, most of the time you want to look good on Zoom or other video calls. Whether you are active in video conferences or chatting with your friends, these are the points you should pay attention to.
Look better on Zoom without styling – this is how it works
Whether you are using FaceTime, Skype or Zoom, these 5 tricks will make you look better in video calls right away.
- Make sure you have good lighting: Incorrect light sources make it difficult for your call partners to recognize you well. Daylight shining on you from the front is always best. If this is not possible, you should make sure that the artificial light also comes from the front.
- Choose the right artificial light: If you cannot avoid using artificial light, the right lamp is crucial. Refrain from using cool, white light. This will quickly make your complexion look too pale. Warm lamps that produce a reddish light are better.
- Choose the right angle: When you look straight into the camera, your face usually appears wider. This is mainly due to the wide angle of the webcam. If you position the camera a little higher, your face will appear more defined.
- Choose your position consciously: Avoid lying down during the video chat. This usually looks unflattering. It is best to choose a position in which you are sitting upright and have a table in front of you. This way you have an upright posture and the camera has a firm base.
- A soft focus works wonders: The soft focus function helps you conceal blemishes on your face. However, not all video chats and cameras have this feature. Instead, you can swipe your finger once across the lens of your webcam. The skin’s natural oily film forms a layer that acts like a natural soft focus.