If you don’t want people to see your YouTube videos anymore, you can hide your channel and your content. Here we’ll show you how to temporarily hide your channel.
How to hide your YouTube channel
Maybe you want to remove your content for a while, but make it visible again after a certain period of time. In this case, you can hide your YouTube channel instead of deleting it. Bear in mind that your comments and replies will be deleted, not hidden. Your videos, likes, subscriptions and subscribers, as well as the channel name will be made private. They will be visible again if you re-enable your channel.
- Open YouTube Studio on your computer (hiding your channel is not possible on mobile) and log in.
- Alternatively, you can also log in to YouTube, go to your channel and then click on your small profile picture in the upper right corner. Then select “YouTube Studio” from the dropdown menu.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, click “Settings”.
- A new window will pop up. Click “Channel” and then “Advanced settings”.
- Scroll down until you see three options at the bottom of the screen. Click “Remove YouTube Content”.
- If needed, enter your sing-in details again.
- Click “I want to hide my content” and check the boxes to confirm.
- Click “Hide my channel”.