With the IMEI number, your phone can be identified. Sometimes you may need this number. If you don’t know how to find the IMEI number on your Android device, we will show you.
Display IMEI number via Android settings
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Select the menu item “About phone” at the very bottom and then “status”.
- In this list you will find, among other important information, the IMEI number of your Android phone.
Use dial code on your Android Phone
- To do this, go to the number pad on your smartphone.
- Dial *#06#. The IMEI number will be automatically displayed.
Search for IMEI number on the outside of your smartphone
- If you’re unable to turn on your phone, you can find the IMEI number on the back of your phone or if you still have the original package your phone came in it might be printed in there, too.
- Sometimes it is on a sticker under the battery, if you are able to take out the battery.
- It might be printed on your SIM-holder, too.
If you own an iPhone, check out our article about finding the IMEI number on your iPhone.