Every iPhone has a so-called “IMEI number”, through which it can be clearly identified. There are several options to find the IMEI number. This practical tip shows you how.
Display IMEI number via iPhone settings
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Choose “General” and after that “About”.
- Scroll down to “Primary”. There you’ll see your IMEI number.
Use dial code on your iPhone
- To do this, go to the number pad on your smartphone.
- Dial *#06#. The IMEI number will be automatically displayed.
Search for IMEI number on the outside of your iPhone
- If you’re unable to turn on your phone, you can see the IMEI number on the back of your phone or if you still have the original package your phone came in it might be printed in there, too.
- Sometimes it is on a sticker under the battery, if you are able to take out the battery.
- It might be printed on your SIM-holder, too.