Every regular mobile phone or smartphone has a so-called “IMEI number”, through which it can be clearly identified. There are several options to look up this number. This practical tip shows you how.
1. Find IMEI number via Android settings
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Select the menu item “about phone” at the very bottom and then “status”.
- In this list you will find, among other important informations, the IMEI number.
2. Use dial code on iPhones and Android-Phones
- To do this, go to the number pad on your smartphone.
- Dial *#06#. The IMEI number will be automatically displayed.
3. Search for IMEI number on the outside of your smartphone
- If you’re unable to turn on your phone, you can find the IMEI number on the back of your phone or if you still have the original package your phone came in you might find it there, too.
- Sometimes it is on a sticker under the battery, if you are able to take out the battery.
- It might be printed on your SIM-holder, too.