Formatting a Microsoft Word document by double space is an easy way to improve the readability of your text. This article will show you, how to get extra space between the text lines.
Double space in Microsoft Word
The formatting option to double space differs slightly depending on your version of Microsoft Word. We will show you a way, which you can find in every version.
- Prepare a Microsoft Word document including a text.
- Choose, which part of the text you want to double space. Alternatively mark all in order to double space the whole text.
- Right click and you will find a menu including the option “Paragraph”.
- A new window is going to open. Choose the field “line spacing”. Choose the option “double”.
Adjusting line spacing individually
You are free to adjust line spacing exactly as you wish. Take the steps described in the chapter above. In the field “line spacing” Microsoft Word offers you the following options:
- “Single”: Only a single line separates the text. Choose this option, if you want to get as much text as possible on one page.
- “1,5 lines”: Choosing this will lead to 1,5 lines space between two lines. This will enhance the readability of your text.
- “At least”: This option allows you to choose any space between the lines you want to have at least. Insert the value in the filed “At”.
- “Exactly”: If you choose this option, Microsoft Word will apply the value you insert in the field “At” for your text exactly.
- “Multiple”: Here you are able to triple and quadruple the line spacing, or even more than that. Choose your preferred option in the field “At” again.
If you would like to change the line spacing with just three clicks you simply have to follow this instruction.