If you want to delete your Snapchat account, just deleting the app is not enough. You have to delete your full account online. We’ll show you how this works.
How to delete a Snapchat account
- First, delete the Snapchat app from your phone and then open the Snapchat web page.
- Now log in with your username and password.
- Then enter your password again and confirm the deletion by clicking on the “Delete My Account” button.
- Your account will be now deactivated for 30 days. After that period your account will be deleted permanently.
- You will receive a confirmation message sent to your registered email address.
- If your account has been removed your username can be taken by another user in the future.
What if I change my mind?
- Within the 30-day period you have time to change your mind.
- If you do so you can reactivate your account by simply logging into the app again. Snapchat will ask you whether you want to reactivate your account. Tap yes.
- Your account will be reinstalled in a few minutes. Your friends list should be there again, too.
- Has the 30-day period already expired but you want to use Snapchat again you have to create a new account and start fresh. Your friends list and all your memories won’t be there anymore.
Leave a Reply