On Netflix, you can stream a lot of movies and TV shows. But maybe you want to save some money or you’ve already watched the best titles Netflix has to offer. In that case, you can delete your Netflix account and end your subscription at any time. This is how you do it.
How to cancel your Netflix account on desktop
Time needed: 4 minutes.
Canceling your Netflix membership is easy, but it can’t be done directly on your TV. In order to delete your account, you must use your computer.
- Open the Netflix webpage and sign in.
- Click the little arrow
On the overview page of your profile, search for a little arrow in the upper right corner of the screen. You’ll find it next to your profile picture. Click it.
- Click account
In the dropdown menu, click “Account” to open your account’s settings.
- Click the “Cancel Membership” button.
- Opt to cancel your subscription
On the next page, you can opt to cancel your subscription or to continue using Netflix, but at a lower price. If you choose the second option, you will downgrade your plan (and will have less profiles, for example).
- Click “Finish Cancellation”
In order to cancel your membership, click “Finish Cancellation”. If you want, you can opt to get emails about new Netflix shows.
- See when your membership ends
On the page where you finish your cancellation, you will also see when your membership ends: at the end of the current billing period. Add 30 days to the date shown there and you will know the date when your subscription ends.
- After 10 months Netflix will delete your account completely
If you decide to subscribe again during the first 10 months after the cancellation, your profiles, preferences and account information will still be there. Only after 10 months will Netflix delete them completely.
How to end your membership on mobile
You can also delete your Netflix account using your mobile phone – but that’s not possible in the Netflix mobile app. You’ll have to use a mobile browser instead.
- Open Netflix in a mobile browser of your choice.
- In the upper left corner is a menu (three horizontal lines). Click it.
- In the dropdown menu, select “Account”.
- Scroll down until you see the “Cancel Membership” button. Click it.
- You can now choose to cancel the subscription by clicking on “Finish Cancellation”. There’s also an option to subscribe to emails about new Netflix shows and movies.
- If you scroll down, you can also opt to keep your subscription, but at a lower price. In order to do that, you will have to downgrade your Netflix plan.
- When finishing your cancellation, you’ll see a date – that’s the date when your current billing period started. Add 30 days to that date and that’s the day when your membership ends.
- Your account information, profiles and preferences will still be available for the first 10 months after the cancellation, in case you want to join Netflix again.
How to cancel T-Mobile “Netflix on Us”
This is what you have to do if you use the T-Mobile package “Netflix on Us”:
- First, you will have to go to your account’s settings (as shown above) and remove T-Mobile as your method of payment for Netflix.
- In order to cancel the subscription, Netflix recommends contacting the T-Mobile customer support.
- Contact the T-Mobile customer service and ask them to remove the “Netflix on Us” feature from your T-Mobile account.