GitHub is a web-based platform that offers version control and collaboration tools for software development. Deleting a branch in GitHub is a common task for developers who work on large projects and need to keep their repository organized. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to delete a branch in GitHub.
Deleting a Branch in GitHub
- Go to the repository where the branch is located.
- Click on the “Branches” button in the repository’s navigation bar.
- Find the branch you want to delete and click on it.
- Click the “Delete branch” button located next to the branch name.
- Confirm the deletion of the branch.
By following these simple steps, you can easily delete a branch in GitHub. Keep in mind that deleting a branch will permanently remove all the code and commits associated with it, so be cautious when deciding to delete a branch.