You can add a signature to your outgoing emails in Outlook. This way, your partners and customers will find out more about you and your business: your title, your company address and more. Here are two ways to add a new signature in Outlook.
How to create a new signature in Outlook
If you don’t have a signature yet or want to create a new one, please follow these steps:
- Open Outlook. In the ribbon bar at the top, click “New Email” (the first icon on the left).
- You’ll see a new ribbon. Click “Signature” and from the menu choose “Signatures”.
- In the “Signatures and Stationary” window, click “New”.
- Type a name for your signature. You can add many signatures, so choose a name that will later allow you to easily find the signature you need (example: “John title & address”). Then click “OK”.
- Create your signature. You can format the text, insert links and images or use a business card from the address book.
- In the upper part of the “Signatures and Stationary” window, you can select the signature that you want to use by default for your email account(s). Also choose if you want the signature to be added only to new emails or also to replies.
- When you’ve finished creating your signature, click “OK”.
Adding a new signature using Outlook Options
There’s also another way to add a signature, using Outlook Options:
- Open Outlook. In the top left corner, click “File”.
- In the left column, click “Options”.
- You’ll see a new window: “Outlook Options”. On the left side of this window, click “Mail”.
- Click “Signatures” (as shown in the screenshot).
- In the “Signatures and Stationary” window, click “New” to add a signature. And follow the steps mentioned above: type a name, create a new signature, choose the default one for your email account(s).
- Click “OK” when you’re finished.
How to insert a signature when you write a new email
While creating the signature(s), you’ve selected one that will appear per default in your email. Here’s what you must do if you want to change the signature or if there is none in your reply email:
- In the ribbon bar of your email, click “Signatures”.
- You’ll see a list of all the signatures you’ve created. Choose the signature you want to use in that particular email.