The new social app “Clubhouse” is trending at the moment and some members have a party or celebration emoji 🎉 next to their profile picture. If you have been wondering what that means, here’s the answer.
The party emoji on the Clubhouse App – this is what it means
The celebration emoji 🎉 next to a profile picture indicates, that this person is a new member and has been on the app for less than one week. It will disappear after the first full week on the app. It is supposed to make other Clubhouse members aware that you are new on the app and might need some assistance or help finding your way around. Also this way they can welcome you on the app.
When someone is speaking on the Clubhouse app, the mute symbol next to their profile picture will disappear. Usually everyone except the speaker is muted, so you can find the speaker by looking for the profile picture without the muted symbol.
You can invite a Clubhouse member from your contacts to a room by tapping the plus symbol at the bottom and then choosing the member you want to invite to the room.
You can choose different areas of interests when you are invited into the Clubhouse app and set up your profile for the first time. However, you can also add or adjust your interests later in your settings.
Other important symbols and emojis
When you open the Clubhouse app, you are taken either to the start page or directly to a talk round via push-up notification of a talk. In this so-called “Room” you are provided with several icons with functions.
- In the lower menu bar you will find a peace sign on the far left. You can use this to leave the respective room silently.
- A hand symbol is displayed on the far right. To actively speak yourself, you have to click on this button. A request will be sent to the speakers, and you can be invited to the stage. Once you become a speaker.
- In the top menu bar next to your own profile picture there is a leaf sign. On it, you can read Clubhouse’s community guidelines.
- Good to know: you can click on each profile picture of speakers and listeners to get to their profile.
The Clubhouse homepage – this is how the hallway works
The start page of the Clubhouse app is also called the hallway. Because here you can discover various rooms, among other things.
- In the top menu bar you can use the magnifying glass icon to find people or clubs.
- With the letter sign next to it, you can see your available invites and suggested people from your contact book who are not using Clubhouse yet. Only by using these invites you can join the app.
- The calendar in the top menu bar shows you a schedule of conversation sessions taking place based on your followers and interests.
- In addition, you will see a bell icon next to your profile picture. This is where you will see your notifications. These include: Event reminders or new followers.
- Below the menu bar, you’ll find reminders of upcoming talks and suggestions of rooms that are currently happening that might interest you.
- In the bottom menu bar there is a button “+Start a room”. Here you can create your own room and invite people.
- To the right of it on the dotted square you can see the people you follow and when they were online the last time.