Claudia Conway, daughter of former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, has been making headlines because of her anti-Trump Tik Tok Videos and her support for movements like Black Lives Matter. We give you a quick overview of Claudia Conway’s activisim and her situation.
Claudia Conway: The American Greta Thunberg?
The reason why Claudia Conway has been termed “The American Greta Thunberg” is obvious: Both activists are still teenagers and speak openly and bluntly about the causes they champion, reaching a wide audience from their peers up to journalists and political leaders. Both are also polarizing figures. While Conway is hailed by some as a new star of the #Resistance, others decry her as nothing but a rebellious teenager.
- She was born in 2004 and lives in Washington DC. She is the daughter of Kellyanne Conway, former White House counselor, and George Conway, co-founder of the Lincoln Project. The goal of the project is to prevent Trump’s reelection. This has already created problems: Trump openly attacked George Conway. Kellyanne defended the president’s right to speak his mind.
- Claudia Conway does not see eye-to-eye with either of her parents who are both conservatives. Her views are more liberal. On Twitter and Tik Tok she speaks about them frequently and openly. She has urged her followers on multiple occasions to vote in the upcoming election and #SettleForBiden.
- Her posts and videos have a significant audience: 588.879 follow her on Twitter and 1,4 million on TikTok (both follower counts as of October 2020).
- This has led to even more friction in the family. It was even linked to Kellyanne Conway resigning from her position at the White House. According to Insider, Claudia Conway also announced in August that she was planning to seek legal emancipation.
Conway speaks openly about her struggles with Covid
- She made headlines again when she announced that her mother had contracted Covid-19 – before this fact had been made public by Kellyanne herself. She also criticised her mother for “coughing all around the house” after attending the announcement of Trump’s Supreme Court nominee and the president himself testing positive for the virus.
- Claudia Conway, too, has now contracted the virus. She talks about it in many of her recent TikToks.
- However, the recent surge in her popularity has led to her becoming a playball in the battle for the upcoming election. This is not what she wants as she made amply clear in a recent Tweet.
My name is Sandra Sporer. I’m a 27-year-old English Literature student with an interest in gaming, art, books (of course), cinema and history. My love for writing sparked my interest in journalism and I completed a one-year-internship at my local newspaper right after school. From 2018 onward I have been writing articles for CHIP, Focus, How2ForU and other websites.