Alexa glows yellow: How to listen to your messages
- If Alexa's color ring pulsates yellow, it means that you have received a new message. This can be a text message or a voice message.
- The yellow glow may also indicate an Amazon order that is expected to arrive soon. In this case Alexa will additionally play a signal tone.
- If you would like to have the message read out to you, just say "Alexa, play my messages". It is also sufficient to ask "Alexa, what have I missed?"
- When you check your notifications, Alexa will inform you about the order status of your package and give the name of the product you ordered. If you are waiting for gifts to arrive, you should exercise caution.
- Alternatively, you can simply deactivate this option in the settings. We will show you how to edit or completely deactivate the notifications in the next paragraph.
How to deactivate the yellow light on your Alexa
If the yellow light bothers you and you no longer wish to receive notifications, you can simply restrict them or switch them off completely.
- To do this, open the Alexa app on your smartphone and tap the menu button in the top left corner.
- In the "Settings" you now select the category "Notifications".
- In the "Amazon Shopping" section you can simply deactivate all items.
- Alternatively, you can only deactivate individual options, for example, naming the products you have purchased.
You might also be interested in: